Sunday, April 13, 2014

Topical Steroid Withdrawal - Day 9

My this point, I was concerned about possible bacterial infections because of all the wounds I was inflicting on myself.     I've tried using isopropyl alcohol on my eczema (really stings), apple cider vinegar (also really stings), hydrogen peroxide (omg stinging), and salt water (hug-the-pillow crying out loud stinging).

Then I realized, I should actually be watering down this stuff.   I tried different combinations of water plus the stuff above (except the salt), but it seems like the apple cider vinegar (ACV) works best, it stings a little but it also soothes afterwards.   My neck was starting to ooze.  That night I saw my girlfriend's parents saw me at dinner and her mom gave me some bee pollen both to put on the eczema and also some for digestion.  The bee pollen does seem to have a nice soothing effect.

I haven't been sleeping well.  I can fall asleep alright, but within a few hours, the entire body starts itchy and there's pain.  The pain is unlikely anything I've ever experienced before.   It's like the skin is on fire, needles and pins pricking me all over but coming from underneath the skin.  The scratching is just a side show.  People on the ITSAN forums say that the pins and needles stinging is actually the skin trying to repair itself.     I try resist scratching but it sends my arms or back into involuntary spasms.   Plus, how could I possibly get sleep when I can't even rest my neck on my pillow?   :-(

Day 9 - 2014-04-09


No comments:

Post a Comment